Register your Group
Registered local groups, such as campus groups, represent Oxfam Canada at the grass roots level. They are vital to the continued growth of Oxfam as a civil society movement and organization, working in solidarity alongside our work overseas. In addition, registered campus groups are part of a youth-led movement referred to as the National Campus Network.
In order for a campus group to be registered, it must review and agree to the Oxfam Code of Conduct and ways of working. In addition to agree to these principles, groups must submit the relevant forms, indicating the point of contact in their group for communication with Oxfam Canada.
Campus groups must re-register with Oxfam each year to ensure that Oxfam has the most up to date contact information. Contact information forms should be submitted by the last week of September at the beginning of each new school year.
- The minimum size for a chartered group is five (5) members, although larger groups are encouraged. The minimum membership level must be maintained for continued viability of the charter. A list with the names and contact details of at least five (5) members must be submitted with the charter agreement as part of the chartering process;
- Abide by Oxfam Canada’s missions and values;
- Maintain a record of meetings and activities. Submit these reports bi-annually to the Regional Youth Liaison (for campus and youth groups), and the Youth and Campus Outreach Officer;
- Contribute to Oxfam Canada’s National Campus Network by:
- Attending regularly scheduled national and regional calls;
- Participating in one (1) national action per term;
- Regularly communicating with the Youth and Campus Outreach Officer, your Regional Youth Liaison and peers within the network;
- Supporting Oxfam Canada’s campaign objectives to the ability of your group;
- Be accountable to Oxfam Canada’s policies with regard to advocacy, campaigns and fundraising efforts.
- Guidelines for Charter Agreements
- Charter Agreement - Campus and Community Groups
- Charter Group Member Contact Form
Completed copies of the "Charter Agreement" and "Charter Group Member Contact Form" should be signed and sent to Kelly Bowden or by fax to: 416-537-6435